Understanding Trucking Insurance
The risks associated with trucking and transportation need specialized insurance that suits the needs of federal and state regulations. Some commercial vehicles that can be insured under this policy include box trucks, vans, straight beds, and more. Whether you are a manufacturer with your own fleet, or an over the road trucker, purchasing trucking insurance is a great way to protect you from losing your hard-earned assets. Many insurance providers will offer discounts for truckers who have been insured continuously for at least 12 months, pay your premium in full, and more!
What is Covered Under Trucking Insurance?
The coverage offered under trucking and transportation insurance includes the following:
- Broad motor truck cargo coverage with options tailored to fit your desire
- Auto liability coverage with limits from $750,000 to $5M or higher
- Auto physical wreckage for trailers and tractors
- Truckers general liability
- Workers compensation and occupational accident coverage
- Non-trucking liability and bobtail coverage
- Trailer interchange and non-owned